Ready to raise the bar on your career?
If you are looking for diversity and the opportunity to be challenged, then this is the role for you.
The finance department is an integral part of Council. Innovation, relationship management and accuracy are the cornerstones of this team. We have a fixed term position due to parental leave for an Accountant to join our team.
Working together with our Senior Management Accountant and the wider finance team, this role will deliver proactive financial and commercial advice to the business and play an important part in the delivery of our long term plan and annual report.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant preferably with at least three years’ experience in a commercial environment
- Focussed on building strong relationships and therefore have the ability to influence decision making
- A team player with an extremely approachable manner and positive “can do” attitude
- Able to identify problems or opportunities to improve financial processes and offer potential solutions
- Have strong analytical skills
- Committed to achieving deadlines, be able to manage multiple demands and cope well under pressure
- A skilled verbal and written communicator
In exchange we can offer you:
A commitment to your continued professional development, market based remuneration and the opportunity to work with a highly professional and productive team.
If this role “adds up” for you then don’t delay - visit southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to download an application form and a position description.
Applications close at 5pm on 19 January 2020.