Build a career with us whilst enjoying vibrant city or the breath-taking Fiordland lifestyle
We have an opportunity for someone to join our Building Control team based in either our Invercargill or
Te Anau office.
Whether you are already experienced, a designer looking for a change or a builder seeking a new career path, this may be the role you have been looking for.
Southland District Council’s team of accredited building professionals oversee a diverse range of building work throughout the largest area of any territorial authority in New Zealand.
This role has variety – some days you will be in the office processing building consents and providing solutions for our customers and other days you will be out and about in our communities undertaking inspections.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- A good understanding of current building legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A solution focused customer enabling focus
- A good level of computer literacy
- Trade certificate or an equivalent qualification
The role is a challenging one that provides:
- Point of contact for customers lodging building consents
- Technical review of consent content
- Customer interaction throughout the construction process to completion and final sign-off
Our commitment is not only to provide our staff with every opportunity for training and development to ensure that they are at the top of their professions but to encourage a balance between work and play that allows you to enjoy life.
If you are ready to extend your career – please visit www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to download a position specification and to apply online.
Applications close at 5pm on 25 July 2017