Looking for the opportunity to kick start your project management career?
Southland District Council has an exciting opportunity for a graduate of engineering or construction management to join our experienced project delivery team.
With 180 projects a year to deliver this busy team are responsible for planning and delivering a wide variety of projects from new signs, footpaths, memorial walls, community facilities improvements to critical infrastructure upgrades to our communities.
To be successful in this role you will:
- display a sound understanding of contract and project management theory
- have the personality and ability to build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- be comfortable learning on your feet and expanding your communication skills to be able to give credible advice on technical matters appropriate to your audience
- be a team player who delivers to a high standard within timeframes
- have a sound understanding of best practice in project management
- be technically savvy with the ability to utilise data systems and information to best advantage.
But most importantly you will have a great attitude, be committed to doing the work to grow your skillset and be aligned with our goal of delivering the very best in service to our customers and communities.
In return we believe that staff are our most valuable asset and we are committed to supporting them in every way possible to help them realise their potential. We offer ongoing training and development, competitive remuneration packages which are benchmarked against market rates and the opportunity to work and learn from a team of experienced professionals.
If this sounds like the role you have been waiting for then don’t delay - download a position description and apply online.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for don’t delay – visit our website www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to download a job description and apply.
Applications close 26 September 2019 at 5 pm