Looking for the opportunity to develop your engineering career?
Due to an internal promotion an exciting opportunity has arisen for Graduate Engineer in our Water and Waste Services team.
Council has 22 urban and rural water supplies, 18 sewerage schemes and 28 stormwater networks and the day-to-day running and development of them is managed by this team. This role will report directly to the Senior Projects Engineer and will be part of the team responsible for the implementation and management of water, wastewater, stormwater and solid waste scheme projects (acquisitions, renewals and other works).
To be successful in this role you will
- Display a sound understanding of contract and project management theory
- Have the personality and ability to build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Be comfortable learning on your feet and expanding your communication skills to be able to give credible advice on technical matters appropriate to your audience
- Be a team player who delivers to a high standard within timeframes
- Have a sound understanding of best practice in water and waste operations
- Be technically savvy with the ability to utilise data systems and information to best advantage
Most importantly you will have a great attitude, be a hard worker and be aligned with our goal of delivering the very best in service to our customers and communities.
In return we believe that staff are our most valuable asset and we are committed to supporting them in every way possible to help them realise their potential. We offer ongoing training and development, competitive remuneration packages which are benchmarked against market rates and the opportunity to work and learn from a team of experienced professionals.
If this sounds like the role you have been waiting for then don’t delay - download a position description and apply online.
Applications close at 5pm on 21 March 2017