Planning for the next step in your career?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Resource Management Consents Planner in our Resource Management Team, which is responsible for managing the natural resources of 11% of the land area of New Zealand. The diversity of the environment is second to none as it incorporates areas such as Stewart Island, Milford Sound and the Catlins, so the range of environmental issues is extensive and varied.
Our Resource Management Planners contribute to the Southland community and environment by managing resource consents across a broad range of interest groups.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of the Resource Management Act and its application
- Clear, logical and pragmatic thinking
- The ability to work individually as well as being a team player
- A great work ethic with strong alignment to providing great customer service
- Excellent report writing skills
- New Zealand Planning Institute membership (preferred but not essential)
- A great “can do” attitude and team player focus
In return we can offer you a competitive remuneration package which is benchmarked against market rates, high quality equipment and technology and the opportunity to work with a professional team interested in developing your career.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for don’t delay, visit www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to download a job specification and apply on line.
Applications close on the 23 May 2017.