Are you a high achiever looking for new challenges in IT project management that will keep you leaping out of bed in the mornings? Then double click we might have just the opportunity……
Technology, like people, is a critical component in Southland District Council’s business. We have identified a number of IT projects that we believe will make a huge difference to improving our customers’ experience. We are excited and ready to get things done – but we need a special someone to lead the implementation of these projects over the next 3 years.
Our ideal candidate will need to be an experienced project manager with all the skills this entails. They will have an engaging leadership style, the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, savvy change management skills, a customer centric focus and an exemplary track record for delivering projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
We know this is a big ask but this is a highly visible and critical role in our organisation and will see you working across our business teams and with enterprise systems such as Infor Pathways and IPS, JDE Edwards, Records Manager 8 to name a few.
As you would expect you will be responsible for:
- managing the full project lifecycle - from scoping, design management and business case through to handover
- leading project teams that are highly engaged and empowered to deliver optimal results to our business
- undertaking risk management analysis throughout the life of the project
- compilation of tender/contract documentation and the management of procurement processes
- ensuring a high level of quality control on projects so performance requirements best practice is observed
- making sure that testing of new software is robust and handover of projects and associated process change documentation is seamless
In exchange we can offer you a commitment to your continued professional development, market based remuneration, excellent technology and the opportunity to work with a highly professional and productive teams.
If your pulse is racing and you are saying I’m just the person you need, then don’t delay, visit www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to view the position description and apply today.
Applications close 30 October 2019 at 5pm.