Are you a high achiever looking for a new challenge……
Southland District Council has exciting opportunities in their project delivery team. You could be experienced project manager or someone who has had experience in the project management field but looking to extend their portfolio.
Our project managers play a key role in the delivery of a multitude of projects varying in cost up to $5 million. You will utilise your excellent track record in project management to ensure projects are delivered to our communities on time, on budget and to a high standard.
You will be responsible for:
- managing the full project lifecycle - from scoping, design management and business case through to handover
- undertaking risk management analysis throughout the life of the project
- compilation of tender/contract documentation and the management of procurement processes
- ensuring a high level of quality control on projects so performance requirements and health and safety best practice are observed
- ensuring that the commissioning and handover of projects and associated documentation meet requirements
- monitoring and controlling costs, including verification and payment of all accounts against agreed budgets and contract terms. Identify and elevate any significant risks, potential cost and programme over-runs.
- proactive stakeholder management and a customer centric approach
Our ideal candidate will have NZCE or equivalent qualification plus at least five years relevant experience. They will be a proven performer who can successfully build enduring relationships with people and key stakeholders both within our organisation and the wider community. They will have proven experience in financial management and be known for their ability to deliver a superior finished product.
In return we believe that staff are our most valuable asset and we are committed to supporting them to help realise their potential. We offer ongoing training and development, competitive remuneration packages which are benchmarked against market rates and the best of equipment and technology.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for don’t delay – visit our website www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to download a job description and apply.
Applications close 26 September 2019 at 5 pm